I’m a big believer that having a strict morning routine can make you significantly more productive throughout your day. I’ve been thinking about this a lot and have finally created a morning routine for myself. This is on my calendar with reminders that go off to help me move through my routine. I’m still experimenting and adjusting, but here is the routine so far.
My morning routine
- 4:00am – Get up & downstairs (no excuses)
- 4:15 am – Scripture, Prayer, Reading, Reflection
- 4:40am – Writing
- 5:15 am – Head to the gym
- 5:30 am – Workout
- 6:30 am – Back home to help with the kids
- 7:30am – Clear out email (inbox zero)
- 8:00 am – Plan for the day
- 8:45 am – First team call, the day is rolling
My afternoon routine
- 4:30pm – Clear out email (inbox zero)
- 4:45pm – Plan tomorrow
- 5:00pm – All done
Before you ask, I go to bed between 9 pm and 10 pm each night. If you have a morning routine I would love to hear about it as I’m always looking for ways to improve mine.