Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending my little girls dance recital. She did awesome, and the little 2 year olds in tutus were cracking everyone up. In the midst of the cuteness, I couldn’t help but see some lessons in there that business’s might find helpful. So here are a few thoughts:
- Follow the leader, not the person following the leader. If you follow the person following the leader, you are behind.
- Exaggerated moves are good, but they might throw you off balance and make you look bad. Be careful.
- Being in step might be expected, but the audience finds the person out of step most interesting.
- Standing apart from the group makes you noticed. Standing too far apart makes you odd.
- If you are even slightly behind everyone else, it looks bad.
- Looking like you know your part, even if you don’t, is important. Attitude sells it.