Blogging on a regular basis has taught me a lot. It has also made me thankful for some things. I’m thankful for:
- Good content. The best way to write good content is to read good content. I love reading good books, news, blog posts, etc. to sharpen my thinking and challenge me.
- Friends that blog. I feel like blogging is a team sport to be most effective. It’s hard to remain fully dedicated to it without someone else that is also dedicated to their blog.
- Challenges. I’m learning that I thrive on challenge and my blog is a great place to talk about those challenges and explore new ones I’m thinking about. It’s also good for accountability.
- Being present. Blogging forces me to be present all of the time so that I can write about what I’m learning.
- The shift from consuming to producing. There is a fundamental difference in how you live when you are living to consume versus living to produce. Blogging helps me to focus on producing, new ideas, deeper insights, etc.