I was having trouble deciding what to write about this week. Coming up with quality content (which I hope this is) can be challenging. And coming up with it once a week can be a problem. This week, I decided to write about what inspires my content.
So, what inspires me?
- My family. My wife has done (and is doing) some amazing things, putting up with me as a prime example. I learn a lot from her, my kids, and my parents.
- Friends. I have amazing friends who constantly push me to be a better version of myself. If it’s true that you are the average of the top five people you spend your time with, I’m all set. For content, Jeff recommends a ton of great books, Mickey writes a daily blog (which is crazy), and Sanjay for music and tech stuff.
- Books. I’ve grown to love reading more and more over the last few years. I not only listen to books while doing other things, but I also read a lot.
- Podcasts. I love podcasts that can teach me and challenge me. There are so many intelligent people out there putting out free content; it’s an amazing time to consume content.
- People that suck. This is a weird one. But I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration from watching bad leaders, unskilled communicators, and generally unkind people. I’ve had a front-row seat to some terrible leadership (in my local community), and it has amazed me how quickly bad leadership can take something from terrific to terrible in a snap.
What about you? What inspires you?