“If we know what we truly regret, we know what we truly value.”
― Daniel H. Pink, The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward
Leaders tend to look forward. I know I do. But, if we stop and look back, recognizing the leadership decisions we regret, it teaches us about ourselves and makes us better leaders.
Here are more reasons to look for your leadership regrets.
- Regretting a past leadership decision refines our thinking and processes for the next leadership decision.
- Recognizing past leadership mistakes (regrets) forces us to slow down and think through scenarios more deeply.
- Regret keeps us humble, reminding us of where we have been, how far we have come, and how to help others on their journey.
- Tao of Seneca – Free PDFs – I’ve been reading one letter each day and they are amazing!
- Are You Productive, Or Are You Just Busy?
- There are 3 ways to challenge a statement. The one you pick says a lot about your character