Well, I can’t stop at just 6 rules to live by from my previous post. So, here are few more that I’m thinking through:
- Don’t waste time. Time is precious and we only have a set amount in this life. Wasting time, in a sense, is wasting life.
- Assume the best. Its easy to assume someone is wrong, mean, or hateful. But I choose to assume the best in people, assuming that they didn’t mean to appear unkind or hurtful. I will assume the best until I’m given clear indication that I am completely wrong about that individual.
- Encourage and affirm my family daily. I will tell my wife and children how much they mean to me each day. I will tell them this with snuggles and hugs and words of encouragement.
- Be social. I work from home. Its easy for me to go days without leaving the house, but its not good for me. I like people and I will be social on a regular basis.
- Regular reflection. I will reflect on my life, my family, my business and generally how things are going regularly. I will do this in order to find areas where I may improve and make my life and the lives of those around me better. To quote Jonathon Edwards’ 41st resolution “Resolved, to ask myself at the end of every day, week, month and year, wherein I could possibly in any respect have done better.”