I recently wrote about things that I won’t post on Facebook, so I thought I would write a little about what I will post on Facebook in 2016.
- Encouragement. This is my goal is most of what I write, do, post, whatever. I want to encourage people to be the best version of themselves. Sharing about what is going on with me is fine, and there is value in that, but I want most of my Facebook posts to be helpful to others.
- Photos. I love photos and the stories they tell. I want to post photos that show beauty and humanity, a juxtaposition of the divine and the finite. And, I will likely post photos of my kids because that is how the family sees what is going on in the day to day life of the Walker mob.
- Check-ins (with limitations). I like to be able to track where I have been and what I have done in the past. Seeing my past check-ins on Facebook is a fun reminder of trips and fun. But, I don’t like advertising when I’m away, so my check-ins will be strategically shared.
- My Family. This is the personal side of Facebook for me, sharing insight into my family. This happens through photos, but also through funny stories about things my kids do or adventures that we have together. I love seeing my friends kids growing up on Facebook, so I assume other people (might) like seeing mine as well.
- Links. I post links to my blog, of course, but I also try to post links to other things that are amusing or interesting in some way. I want to be careful to only post links that add value for my friends so that when they see something I post they know it is great content.
That’s it for now. What do you plan to post on Facebook in 2016?