I have had an on again off again relationship with blogging since about 1999 (before it was called blogging). If I had to guess, I would say that what you are reading now is the sixth incarnation of my attempt at blogging. I have reincarnated my blog for several reasons, some good and some not. The good reasons were a shift in subject matter. The bad reasons were a lack of consistency and dedication.
In restarting this current version of my blog, I came to an interesting realization. I am most passionate and most consistent with blogging when a have a friend who shares that passion and consistency. I have seen this happen before with one of my blogs, and now this is true with my friend, Jeff Hilimire. Here are a few things that blogging with a friend can do for you:
- If you blog on the same subject matter, you can share ideas and even play off of one another’s posts.
- You can help to promote one another’s blog posts on social media to gain more readership.
- There is a sense of friendly competition for writing posts that keep you engaged and wanting to produce.
- You can encourage one another when blogging is tough, and that will happen sooner or later.
- You will learn from one another how to be a better blogger.