I’m 30 days into my 3-item challenge and have several thoughts about the project.
- Clearly, I have too much personal stuff. If I can get rid of 3 items a day for 30 days and it is pretty easy overall, that tells me something.
- This tells me that my family also has too much stuff. There is stuff stored in one room of my basement that I haven’t touched in years. It’s time to go.
- I like the idea that if an item doesn’t give me joy, it needs to go. Sometimes I hang onto something out of fear of losing it. That doesn’t make sense.
- I have given a lot away and missed none of it.
- Having less stuff makes my life better. My closet is cleaner, making it easier to find what I want.
I want to continue to pursue the idea of minimalism in my life. I’m not yet sure what that will mean or how it will play out, but I am sure that my time of hoarding junk that I don’t need is over.