As I mentioned yesterday, I think that planning to build good habits in 2016 is much more effective than making New Years resolutions. So, here are some of the habits that I will build (or continue with) in 2016:
- Rise early (current habit) – This has been huge for me at the end of 2015. I hate getting out of bed (I’m not a morning person), but once I’m up, I get so much done and feel so much better throughout the day it’s amazing.
- Write for 20 minutes a day (current habit) – This is why I’m blogging, and I have loved it. Setting an easy goal of 20 minutes each day helps me to bite the bullet and just write on the days I don’t feel like it.
- Brainstorm 3 blog post ideas each day (current habit) – This is one of those habits that helps to support another one, so it’s critical to do it.
- Write a kid story every 3 to 5 days (new habit) – I want to take notes about my kids and tell fun and interesting stories about them. I am doing this for two reasons, first because my memory is terrible and I want to be able to remember the fun and silly things my kids have done. And second, I want my kids to be able to read about their lives through my eyes and see themselves in the way that I see them.
- Jog for 20 – 30 minutes four times a week (new habit) – I have always wanted to run, but never had the discipline to do it consistently. I think I might try my friend Jeff’s plan of having a TV show that I only watch while on the treadmill.
What habits are you going to build in 2016?